Gifts for Manus and Nauru are desperate for volunteers.
There are both large and small jobs needing people to do them.
If you’re interested in volunteering some time and energy to help us to help more people at Manus and Nauru, please email us at:
Accountant/CPA to Audit the GFMAN books
Gifts for Manus and Nauru needs to have audited accounts. We are looking for a volunteer who would be happy to donate their time to do this. The accounts are fully reconciled in MYOB by a bookkeeper/accountant and should not be too involved. This will be a yearly job.
We need a volunteer to sign up for this immediately if possible.
Qualified therapists are needed for the Therapy4Refugees trauma counselling program.
Please see the Therapy4Refugees page for more information.
Gifts for Manus and Nauru needs a volunteer coordinator. It would be your job to help with enquiries about volunteering, help to match people to jobs, and to arrange for volunteers to be given information about confidentiality policy etc.
Fundraising and promotion
Gifts for Manus and Nauru desperately needs to be able to raise more funds in order to better meet the needs of people at Manus and Nauru. We are currently relying almost solely on facebook, twitter and word of mouth to attract donors from our networks, but this is not even remotely close to enough. We desperately need a team of people to take on various roles and tasks to expand our reach and bring in more donations.
So some of the tasks needing doing include:
- Running and expanding the monthly Chuffed crowdfunds to reach more people. This includes writing and sending out updates and thank you messages to the donor lists, arranging for media interviews about the crowdfund to be completed (eg. Chuffed do interviews and add campaigns to their featured campaigns site), bringing in additional ‘team members’ to the campaigns, and otherwise promoting the crowdfund.
- Coordinating Gifts for Manus and Nauru’s presence on charity pages, shopping donation sites etc
- Media – approaching media organisations and arranging interviews/publicity, doing or arranging for interviews when we are asked to do them.
- Applying for philanthropic or business donations
- Liaising with other Refugee Support organisations or groups so that they can help to spread the word about what we’re doing and how people can best assist the people at Manus and Nauru.
- Liaising with individuals/groups who wish to put on fundraising events or actions and coordinating for the event/action to meet our legal requirements for fundraising events.
Medical Assistance Coordinator
Gifts for Manus and Nauru assists refugees with access to necessary medications.
We need someone to coordinate and run this program.
- Receiving enquiries from refugees or Australians who have a refugee friend they need to arrange medication for, collecting the order information/prescriptions and communicating with GFMAN management committee to approve the order
- Communicating with the pharmacy in PNG to place and pay for orders
- Notifying the client or their advocate when the order is ready to be picked up, and following up to make sure that the order is correctly received.
- Keeping records, submitting receipts to the GFMAN treasurer, and providing reports to the management committee meetings.
Website and social media pages
Gifts for Manus and Nauru needs a person or people experienced in websites and/or social media to further develop and run our website and update it with information and news on a regular basis, and to run or assist with the running of various social media pages (facebook, twitter, Instagram, tumblr, Pinterest etc).
More positions to be added soon…